Ahara is the exclusive platform launched by food department Karnataka for the residents in the Karnataka state where anyone can apply for the new ration card, renew the ration card or check the newly registered ration card application status online on the government-owned portal ahara.kar.nic.in for absolutely free.
About Ahara Karnataka (ahara.kar.nic.in)
In India, the ration card is one of the essential things that everyone must need. It is kind of the document that every resident in India needs to survive in the country. Ration card helps to available different facilities so that everyone can get the benefits of those facilities. In India, the ration card especially is more useful for getting food facilities at the affordable rates from the government. There is a kind of different ration cards available according to the economical condition of a family. These ration cards are issued by the government according to the various categories.
In this article, we will explain to you how to apply for the new ration card or how you can check ration card application status Karnataka online. Follow the simple steps given below.
Key Points of Ahara Karnataka
|Portal name||ahara Karnataka|
|Launched by||Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department|
|Owned by||Government of Karnataka|
|Benefits||Apply for ration card, check ration card application status|
|Beneficiary||residents in Karnataka|
|Access||Through ration card Karnataka website|
Features of Ahara.kar.nic.in
- Apply for the ration card Karnataka through the online platform right from the mobile or PC.
- Check the ration card application status whether it is issued or denied.
- Check the list of beneficiaries those are qualified for the ration card.
- Apply for the different services from the online portal ahara.kar.nic.in
Types of Ration Cards Karnataka
As told you earlier that government of Karnataka issue the ration card to a particular family according to different conditions and categories. As per different economical condition, Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department issues four types of ration cards, as listed below.
PHH Ration cards (Priority House Hold) – This type of ration card is issued for the residents in rural areas. Simply, families having an unstable income condition are provided with this ration card. Food and some other facilities are provided to these families every month. Under this, beneficiaries get rice at the rate of 3Rs per kg, wheat at the rate of 2Rs per kg and oil at the rate of 1Rs per kg.
Annapurna Yojana Ration cards – This is kind of special ration card that is only allotted for the family having members aged more than 65. Under this ration card facility, 10KG of free food is made available.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana Ration Cards – This is somewhat similar to the PHH ration card as this ration card is issued for the families having monthly incomes less than or equal to the 15000 Rs. Under the facilities of this ration card, the beneficiary gets rice at the rate of 3Rs/Kg and wheat at the rate of 2Rs/Kg.
NPHH Ration Cards (Non-Priority House Hold) – This is the ration card simple issued to those families having stable annual or monthly income. That’s why no food facilities are provided to families having NPHH ration cards.
Who can Apply for the Ration Cards Karnataka
To apply for the ration card in Karnataka, you should –
- Permanent resident of Karnataka state.
- Not have a ration card already.
- A newly married couple.
- Have an expired ration card.
Documents Needed for the Ahara Ration card
To apply for the ration card, you need the copies of following documents with authorized signatures and stamps.
- Original residents proof.
- Leader of family age certificate.
- Family income proof.
- Passport size photo of the applicant.
- Personal information like mobile number and email id.
Ahara – Apply for Ration Card Karnataka 2020
You can easily apply for the ration card and after that, you can also check the ration card application status using the portal ahara.kar.nic.in on your mobile or PC. You just need to follow the simple steps given below.
- First, go to the official website from here, where you can apply for a new ration card.
- Then if you are on PC, move on the cursor to e-ration card option, if you are on mobile then click on e-ration card option.
- Then Click on the new ration card option from the given menu, a new pop up will be displayed.
- Now, choose the type of ration card you can have and proceed to next.
- Then enter your aadhar card number and aadhar linked mobile number.
- Soon OTP will be sent to your linked mobile, just enter that OTP. After that, the form will appear on the screen.
- Enter all the information correctly and upload the documents.
- Click on the save button and boom, Your ahara ration card application is submitted successfully.
Check Ahara Ration Card Application Status
After submitting the application form, it is necessary to check whether the ration card is issued to you or not. For this, the ahara online platform has an option where you can check the ration card application status.
- First of all, go to the official website from here to check the live ration card application status.
- Then click on the option e status and from the new menu, click on the option new/existing RC request status.
- Select your respective district and all the ration card issued by the government will be displayed in the list.
So, we have tried to explain every information regarding the ahara.kar.nic.in the platform to apply for the ration card or to check the beneficiary list. If you think we have missed something or you want some more suggestion, then feel free to ask in the comment section.